Monday, February 7, 2011

(Sweet) Potato Fries

Sometimes, regular french fries just aren't enough. There are moments when only sweet potato fries will do.

Yesterday, in honor of the Superbowl, I decided to try my hand at sweet potato fries. I thought they would be a great compliment to the french fries I also made.

Martha's recipe called for two sweet potatoes. I bought two yams at my local grocery store - I think yams and sweet potatoes are the same thing... right?

I didn't have Mediterranean spice, so I improvised with thyme and tarragon. I sprinkled a bit of each into three egg whites and beat it as much as I could (or until my hand was exhausted). I then dipped pre-softened (in the microwave) sweet potatoes in it.

I baked the sweet potatoes in the oven for around 15 minutes and the result were crunchy, perfect sweet potato fries. There was a bit of extra egg on hand, but I didn't notice it while I was enjoying the fries. I made a honey mustard dip for these as well, my favorite dipping sauce for sweet potato fries.


1 comment:

  1. You are killing me right now! I MISS FLAVOR!! Mediterranean food is so bland, even though the bread and olive oil are amazing!

    ReplyDelete