Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Sea season

As summer draws to a close and the gloomy rain of fall sets in, I really wanted to take a little piece of summer along with me to remind me of warmer days. Over the years, I have amassed a large collection of shells and sea glass, mostly from vacations to Hawaii and other beautiful beaches with my family.

My mom graciously drilled holes in a select few sea glass and shells, making them perfect for pendant necklaces and earrings. Today, I opted to make a simple pendant necklace. Martha's sea glass necklace was perfect, simple and adorable.

I decided to do a shell-sea glass combo. I ordered a roll of gold chain and used gold wire to affix the combination to the chain in the form of a necklace. I think this works well! It'll be perfect for the minute the first hint of wintry mix sets in.

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=963114d599&view=att&th=132415daf19ecfb1&attid=0.1&disp=inline&zw


Further instructions: http://www.marthastewart.com/photogallery/sea-glass-crafts#slide_3


Pendant necklaces are simple to produce -- knot a silk cord around a single shard, and glue to secure -- and offer an easy way to show off unusual finds, such as amethyst, yellow, and cornflower-blue glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment