Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Summer fade out

I had lab until 10 tonight so I really needed something to help me unwind today.

What could be more appropriate than the Sun Salutation? After all, summer is coming to a *gasp* close and I feel it's important to celebrate the sun while it's still around. Martha had all the proper instructions on her whole living site, located here: http://www.wholeliving.com/article/sunsalute0107wel.

The awkwardness and difficulty I had doing this is living and breathing proof that I am in horrible shape and it's about time for me to get my stretch on.

See the pictures below for all the instructions you should need. All of this is from Martha's whole living site.

Sun Salutation

Perform asanas each time with a fresh mind and with a fresh approach.

1. Tadasana




2. Urdhva hastasanaTranslation
Upward Hand Pose



3. UttanasanaTranslation
Standing Forward Bend



4. Lunge Pose
How to Do It


5. Plank Pose



6. Chaturanga DandasanaTranslation
Four-Limbed Staff Pose



7. Urdhva mukha svanasanaTranslation
Upward-Facing Dog


upward facing dog yoga pose

8. Aadho mukha svanasanaTranslation
Downward-Facing Dog

downward facing dog yoga pose

9. Lunge Pose

lunge yoga pose

10. Uttanasana



11. Urdhva hastasana



12. Tadasana



Read more at Wholeliving.com: Yoga: Sun Salutation


No comments:

Post a Comment