Tuesday, August 16, 2011

So I got a med school interview today

A DO a school, no MD invites yet, but I am still excited.

In honor of this achievement I have decided not to wash my hair. I showered, but I just couldn't bring myself to deal with the tangled mass on such a celebratory day. Good thing I have Martha to provide me with a viable excuse...

On her website, I found:

Wash When You Need To -- No More

On those days when your tresses are just a little too tousled, it's easy to pull them into a pony tail and blame the hair gods. But next time you start to curse your crazy locks remember this: You have more control over your hair than you think!
If you shampoo your hair more than two or three times a week, you might be stripping out frizz-taming, shine-producing moisture. The result? Styles that fall flat fast.
How often should you shampoo? There's no magic number, says John Masters, owner of the New York City salon John Masters Organics. For curly or frizzy hair or a dry scalp, he recommends shampooing once every few weeks (yes, really), as long as you wet it and use conditioner to lift grime when it starts looking messy. Oily hair requires more washings, from three times a week up to daily.

Read more at Wholeliving.com: Spring, Fall, and Year-Round Natural Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment