Monday, August 15, 2011

Stretching for a better immune system!

Seeing as I'm always sick, I should probably do anything I can to stay healthy.

Today, I dabbled with stretching. Inversions in particular are supposed to be particularly immune-boosting. By inversion, I mean anything where your legs are over your head and you are virtually upside-down.

I thought a good shoulder stand would do just the trick  (see the picture for a much sexier version of what I just did). I feel better already! Maybe.

More information from Martha:

Help your body ward off infections this winter by practicing the following routine. Its twists, backbends, and inversions stimulate your main immunity components -- the adrenal glands and lymphatic system -- helping them perform better.

Read more at Wholeliving.com: Stretching Solutions 


No comments:

Post a Comment