Monday, September 26, 2011

Chain link ribbon

Things are looking up! Last week was full of interview invites at  med schools I never thought I could  dream of attending. This means that it's even more important that I look fantastic for my moments in the spotlight. I have to rock their socks off! And look cute while I'm doing it, of course.

I have been thinking of getting together some tasteful, homemade accessories to complement my gorgeous suit (a splurge I acquired at Banana Republic - after all, you only apply to med school once, I hope!). Plus, what is a better talking point then my love of crafting and blogging? I figure some well-placed jewelry will pave the way for a fun conversation topic.

First stop: a cute, simple bracelet. I thought Martha's Chicest Link crafts were a great start. I acquired a roll of simple, chunky chain and paired this with two velvet ribbon scraps I had lying around from another project I have long forgotten.


Adorable, simple and classy! A perfect combination.

More ideas are here: http://www.marthastewart.com/266768/the-chicest-link?backto=true&backtourl=/photogallery/handmade-necklaces#slide_18

No comments:

Post a Comment