Sunday, July 24, 2011

Oatmeal, crispy

In case it isn't obvious, I <3 oatmeal. It's good for you, it makes great cookies, it is a perfect breakfast... it's just all around fabulous.

I found a really simple recipe to maximize one of my favorite things to make delicious, crispy cookies in greater than or equal to 20 minutes.

Using Martha's Oatmeal Crisps recipe as a rough guide, I mixed together 4 tablespoons of vegetable margarine, 3 tablespoons of agave syrup and 2 tablespoons of whole wheat flour. Once these were suitably stirred (made easier by the fact that there is no air conditioner in the kitchen and it was approximately 300 degrees in there - I'm surprised they didn't begin to bake on their own) in 2/3 of a cup of steel-cut oats. I placed these on parchment on a cookie sheet in the oven at 350 degrees for around 15-20 minutes.

These are delicious. The only sad part was that there weren't that many of them! I'm going to have to triple this next time... that's how much I love oatmeal!

No comments:

Post a Comment