Monday, July 18, 2011

Passion, flower-style

Isn't this flower incredible? If I could make an outfit out of it, I would. In fact, I still might.

Given the stress of my life lately, I could really use a natural relaxer. This is where passionflower comes in. Even though its name implies it would only hype me up, passionflower, as Martha explains, tends to calm, not excite. As she writes, "passionflower can be used anytime of day to settle a racing mind or at night to set the stage for a peaceful sleep."

It can be used as a tea made from the dried leaves or flowers or taken in a teaspoon of warm water. Now, I need to hunt down some passionflower at my local health food store and relax away. This is shaping up to be my new source of peace against the tide of madness. After all, everyone needs a moment of zen every now and again.

Read more at Wholeliving.com: Herb of the Month: Passion Flower

No comments:

Post a Comment