Saturday, February 5, 2011

Happy Saturday Craft

I definitely needed a lazy Saturday craft this morning. I'm still fighting off this silly cold and with the stresses of this work week, I wasn't prepared for anything more than a craft that could be done in bed.

I thought Martha's cute Wooden-Circle Bib Necklace would hit the spot. I had ordered 3/8th inch wooden beads super cheaply online and had some beading wire on hand.

The beading process was really simple. Per Martha's instructions, I beaded the central three loops first. I closed it with a crimp bead, which I couldn't get to stay hidden. It still sticks out a bit, but that's okay - in my head I am telling myself it looks homemade this way.

I beaded the side chains into the middle section and closed them off together with another crimp bead.

I think the resulting bib necklace looks pretty cool! I like the unfinished wooden bead look - it gives an earthier feel to an outfit. I am planning on giving this a gift, but I just might have to make another one for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment