Sunday, February 27, 2011

Thank goodness I'm not an actress...

...because instead of squeezing into a pair of Spanx, ten pounds of makeup, and a dress that would most likely end up on the worst dressed lists, I am scarfing down delicious food and watching said actresses.

It's that time of year again: Oscar time!

As those of you who read my take on the Superbowl are aware, I am a HUGE fan of American traditions. The Oscars are no exception. In fact, my love for the Oscars is so strong, I actually feel BAD for my sister who is partying it up in Barcelona because, for the first time ever, she can't watch them and will instead be asleep because they are on at 4am her time. [Sorry, Allison! Hope Barca is great anyway :)]

Naturally, I will be watching the Oscars starting in t-minus 23-ish minutes as this handy countdown timer is telling me.

To celebrate, I am having a mini-Oscar party with a few of my very very favorite people in the entire world. For the occasion, I decided that a fabulous onion dip was in order. And Martha... duhhh... came through tremendously.

I decided to make her Sweet Onion Dip because it looked like it would taste absolutely fabulous. And it was super fast and easy, so I won't miss out on any of the red carpet action.

Everything went smoothly. I sauteed the onions, cut up some scallions (which, I hope are essentially the same thing as chives), and mixed in the (reduced fat) sour cream, (reduced fat) cream cheese, and a dash of (red wine, substituted for white wine) vinegar.

Let me just say... yum! Not being famous never tasted so good. And now, for the Oscars!

No comments:

Post a Comment