Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Exercising... cat style?

Given the current weather conditions it's about time I began to focus my exercise on my arms. Yes, I'm skinny but no, I'm not toned.

Hopefully, the "Active Cat" pose suggested by Martha will help make my delts a little more fab and a little less flab.



Upper Body: Active Cat (from Martha Stewart):

What it does: Strengthens the entire front and back of the upper body, as well as the lower back and glutes in a Vinyasa-type flow.
How to do it: Start in a modified push-up position, knees on the floor. Inhale and lift your right leg up and back, opening up the hip and working the lower back. Exhale, lowering the upper body to 3 to 5 inches above the mat. Inhale and return to push-up position, and then exhale, curling your body under and drawing your right knee into your forehead. (See next slide.) Repeat with the other leg. Alternate, doing 3 to 5 reps on each side.

Read more at Wholeliving.com: Your Best Body For Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment