Saturday, June 25, 2011

Heart health

Once I started exercising, I thought I was set. I try to work out three times a week (ok, more like two), I'm eating right, I don't have a nasty drug habit... so I'm healthy, right?

I guess you can always do more. Martha is constantly reminding me of that. In a good way!

Today, I turned to Martha for some heart health tips, or as she calls it "Tips to Tone Your Ticker."

I definitely have 3 down pat and 5 is a given seeing as I live in a walk up. 2 is really useful - I'm planning on doing that come work on Monday. And I do find 7 intriguing... Martha never ceases to surprise me.

Tips for a healthy heart: (from http://www.wholeliving.com/article/heart-smart-workout-tips)

1. Take your meetings on the road by turning a sit-down session into a walk-and-talk.

2. Set an alarm to remind you to stand up at least once every hour.

3. Go dancing once a week.

4. Don't take your TV commercials sitting down. Get up and move around; do a few jumping jacks or physical chores until the program comes back on.

5. Skip the elevator and take the stairs.

6. Play the "Dance Dance Revolution" video game (you don't have to be a kid to enjoy it).

7. Have (more) sex.

8. Get a cardio workout DVD and do it once or twice a week.

Read more at Wholeliving.com: Heart-Smart Workout: Tips to Tone Your Ticker

No comments:

Post a Comment