Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Hot, hot, hot

It was a high of 95 degrees today. Summer is (unofficially) here!

As much as I love the heat there is one thing I don't love so much: what it does to my makeup. By the time I arrived at work today, I had sweated through everything I looked like a shiny mess. Let me just say that this is just not a good look for me. If it wasn't enough to be unbearably pale, even after days of Jergins gradual tanning, I now look ridiculously shiny too.

In a situations such as this, what would the forever-cool Martha Stewart wear? How do all the endlessly fashionable New York women always look so perfectly primped when I look like I'm in the middle of a sweat lodge appointment?

I found a Martha wedding article called, "Beat the Heat: Summer Makeup Tips" that had some great pointers that I'm all set to try tomorrow. Most notably:

1. Dust a moisture-absorbing powder, from your bra line to your feet. I invested in baby powder, for 3 dollars for this very purpose. It sounds a bit ridiculous, but anything's worth a try at this point
2. Put cucumbers in your water. Now this just sounds fancy and refreshing, plus, cucumbers are extremely moisturizing and will keep you from being dehydrated.
3. As far as hair goes, Martha suggests that one avoid alcohol-based gels, which can dry hair, attract moisture, and give strands a fuzzy finish. Instead, she recommends that you apply a smoothing serum to damp hair before drying it.
 
Read more at Marthastewartweddings.com for more tips: Beat the Heat: Summer Makeup Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment