Thursday, June 30, 2011

Non-perfection

The fact that Blogger was down yesterday was fitting for this post. Sorry for the delay!

From yesterday, 6/29/11:


Today I learned how to mess up. More specifically, how to fail with grace. As Martha writes,  I learned "How to Be Imperfect."

As the stereotypical perfectionist, I could definitely use a lesson in chillaxing, and who better to teach me than the ultimate perfectionist herself?

Apparently, the three classic types of perfectionist are A) excellence seekers (check!), B) organizers (yeah, not so much) and C) those who focus on negatives (maybe a bit). Given these traits, I would guess I qualify as a Type A perfectionist... That's probably not a good sign. According to the description, I am the type to be "paralyzed by mistakes" and a non-risk-taker. Well, duh!

The solutions? "Discover the Joys of Getting it Wrong." "Remove Your Mental Filter." and "Compare Yourself With Others." That last one does NOT sound like a good plan, seeing as the Type C in myself focuses on the negatives.

I am not sure that these tips are going to go over so well with me because I'm a tough cookie. But here's to giving it a try!

For more tips: http://www.wholeliving.com/photogallery/3-types-of-perfectionism#slide_4

No comments:

Post a Comment