Sunday, June 26, 2011

Other fixes

After yesterday's post, I thought I was time to re-evaluate my diet and exercise plan. Since my blood sugar went down, I've been going a little crazy. It's probably time for the carb-fest celebration to draw to a close (except for special occasions!).

Martha has a breakdown of healthy activities for each age range on her Whole Living site. Now, I feel lazy and unhealthy... but at least I have an ideal to aspire toward. An ideal complete with a Mediterranean diet, healthy omega-3s and exercise "most days of the week". Looks like I'm going to be busy!

From http://www.wholeliving.com/article/healthy-at-every-age:

20s and 30s You're young and busy, and illnesses such as heart disease, cancer, and osteoporosis don't cross your mind. But experts agree: This is the time to put disease-fighting strategies in place. Start with an anti-inflammatory, Mediterranean diet that includes plenty of fruits and vegetables, whole grains and legumes, and healthy omega-3 (wild salmon, walnuts, flax) and monounsaturated (olive oil) fats.
Limit or eliminate processed foods and sugar, and don't eat red meat more than twice a week (when you do, choose lean cuts). Rack up 30 to 40 minutes of exercise most days of the week and develop a regular stress-relieving practice, such as meditation or yoga. Also, learn the details of your family's medical history to get a clearer picture of your health risks.

Read more at Wholeliving.com: Healthy at Every Age

No comments:

Post a Comment