Monday, June 6, 2011

Med school apps: 0, Alex:1

Though I am sure the score will even out, I am currently owning my medical school application in the inevitable competition between them and me. As in... ROUND 1 IS SUBMITTED.

Bring it on, secondaries.

In honor, I decided to mix up one of Martha's marvelous alcoholic concoctions. In this case, I opted for her Strawberry-Ginger Capirosca. Loaded with strawberries, mint, ginger and sugar, this vodka drink was perfect for a little celebration and relaxation.







Ingredients

10 fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
30 fresh mint leaves
1/4 lime, cut into 4 pieces
1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
2 tablespoons sugar
2 cups cracked ice
1/2 cup vodka

Directions

Place berries, mint, lime, and ginger in a cocktail shaker. Sprinkle sugar over top; muddle
mixture with a long spoon until almost pureed. Add ice and vodka; shake well. Divide between two glasses; serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment