Monday, May 2, 2011

Berry-licious

Blackberries + vodka = YUM!
Maybe it's because it's a Monday or maybe because this weekend was absolutely insane, but a fantastic fruity drink just seemed like a great idea tonight. A few days ago I bought a variety of berries - strawberries, blueberries and blackberries - with the intent of making some pretty and sweet soaps. Instead, I thought a fabulous drink was the order of the day.

After a quick search of "Martha Steward vodka drinks" on Google, I came across the simple, yet perfect Blackberry Crush drink. All it took was four (but I used five!) blackberries, a tablespoon of lemon juice, simple syrup (I used splenda instead), seltzer and ice. Oh, and of course, vodka I combined this group and crushed up the blackberries.

The resulting drink, which I made extremely weak (after all, it is a Monday night!) was refreshing and delicious. This will be perfect for the humid east coast summer that's approaching.

P.S. How hideous is this picture?

No comments:

Post a Comment