Monday, May 23, 2011

Finally!

My bio final is tomorrow! This is fantastic because it means that I will officially be DONE with undergraduate coursework and can finally apply to medical school.

Of course, this also means that I have to take a three hour cumulative multiple choice test. None of these characteristics makes me super pumped to actually sit for the exam, although I am aware it's a necessary evil on the path to what I really want to do.

In the process of studying, and mentally preparing, for this horrific feat of academia, I have followed some principles I found in one of Martha's fantastic Whole Living Articles.

In "Regain Your Focus," Martha's focus guru, psychologist Lucy Jo Palladino, makes a great suggestion: unplug all distracting technology and limit all distractions of any kind. She also recommends that after 90 minutes, one should take a meaningful break (unfortunately, I took "meaningful" to mean "another 90 minutes). Also - warn people that might distract you that you will be focusing for the night and to stay away (perhaps in nicer words?).

I did try, but I just can't seem to study without music! I guess this counts as a piece of "distracting technology," but sometime I just get bored memorizing proteins and cell types...


Fore more detail, the original article is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment