Thursday, May 5, 2011

Marbled necklace

I was super happy with the bouncy ball necklace I made a few days ago. I know that my mom might have called it a necklace made out of galls (those things that wasps sometimes make in trees in California where they lay there things and do other fascinating things)... which was definitely a bit of a diss, but I actually like it.

To expand upon this idea, and/or transform it into a slightly less-gall-like look, I decided to adapt the bouncy ball necklace based on a commenter's idea from Martha's site. On her big ball post, the commenter suggested that I use marbles instead of bouncy balls.

This seemed like a great idea! Of course, the necklace would be a bit heavier, but maybe slightly more fancy. Plus, this time I opted for a white, not black necklace. I also used sheerer pantyhose, because I didn't completely love the opaque look of the tights in the first necklace.

Although I haven't worn it out yet, I think this necklace looks fun and really unique. It doesn't look quite like couture, but it will definitely spice up a really boring work outfit. It's funky! What's not to love?

No comments:

Post a Comment