Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Health check

After three months, it was time to re-check my blood to make sure that my vitamin D had gone up (thanks to daily supplements) and my hemoglobin a1c and cholesterol had gone down.

And guess what... I passed!

I give most of the credit for this achievement to the domestic goddess herself: Martha Stewart. For inspiring me to cook for myself, substitute healthy things and think more deeply about what I put in my body, I am thankful for Martha and this blog.

Of course, this isn't the end. In fact, I am just beginning to get my eating habits under control, just starting to take the gym and exercise seriously. In sum, I have a long way to go.

Today, I decided to check out WholeLiving to see what tips Martha had for continuing on my healthy path. Immediately I found exactly what I was looking for: an article entitled "Breaking Bad Eating Habits."

Mindfulness, as obvious as that sounds, is the key here (at least according to the article). I find this resonates with my own life. Too often I have amazing dinner plans in my head; the quinoa, cucumber, broccoli that I will top with balsamic for a light but filling dinner. And too often do I get a veggie burger and fries instead. But at least I'm aware of this, right?

For other tips and tricks to breaking bad eating habits, check out the article at: http://www.wholeliving.com/article/break-bad-eating-habits?czone=wellness%2Fhealthy-age%2Fhealthy-age-antiaging .

No comments:

Post a Comment