Monday, May 9, 2011

Do you want some cheese with your wine?

Looking back at my blog, I have spent a lot of time bitching and moaning. I complained about my stress level, allergies, aches and pains... all in all it's just not always a pretty picture.

So today, I decided to do something more fun. And, as I'm sure not many of you know, Martha definitely knows how to have a good time. She was once a model, after all. I have to imagine that she's had her fair share of social events and scandals (aside from that whole insider trading extravaganza).

Today, I found a perfect idea: The Best Wines Worth Buying By the Dozen. I guess the title really says it all, so there's not too much to explain.

 The benefit of buying in bulk? Per her article, "Wine stores typically offer a 10 percent to 20 percent discount when you purchase a case, or 12 bottles of wine." She had me at 10 percent.

Being the lazy person that I can sometimes be, I decided to order the said case of wine from freshdirect.com. Seeing as they deliver right to your door, and have a malbec I have come to love, I figured it would be the best plan. I also have a free delivery code, and needed some other groceries, so it ended up being perfect.

So it was that I ordered my favorite malbec (typically a meager 5.99$/each), for 5.39 each when I bought 12. This doesn't sound like a huge discount, but I ended up saving almost 8 dollars. This is awesome for me! Because I'm a Jew and therefore like money. It's funny 'cuz it's true.

That, and I LOVE wine! Now I'll have plenty on hand for my roommates, friends and friends of friends who inevitably stop by.

No comments:

Post a Comment