Monday, May 30, 2011

Tendonitis fix

For the past month or so, my right wrist has been acting up. My doctor calls it tendonitis. I call it "I slept on it funny."

Either way, it's not pretty. In between icing, taking Allieve twice a day and using an ace bandage, I am usually really uncomfortable and restricted... which is no good.

Today, I decided to try the "Martha method," Wrist Stretches. I guess these aren't really a quick fix, but I figured it would be worth a try. At least, it couldn't hurt (too badly).

How to Do It
1. Sit or stand with spine tall, and extend your left arm out so your wrist is directly in front of your left shoulder, palm facing down.
2. Bend your wrist to point your fingers toward the floor, then rotate the wrist so the fingers point to your right.
3. Use the palm of your right hand to gently push the back of your left hand. To intensify the stretch, curl the left fingers into a fist. Switch and repeat.

Read more at Wholeliving.com: Wrist Stretches

Post stretch, I do feel better. Perhaps this is all in my head, but who knows! We'll see how it feels tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment