Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Change for a dollar

As a new New Yorker, I am desperately in need of storage of any and every kind. From big to small, everything absolutely needs to have its place as space is at a premium. This fact is not made easier by my inherent messiness.

But I am trying to turn over a new leaf, I swear!

Thanks to Martha, I have been buffing up on strategies to keep things organized, even in a pint-sized Manhattan apartment.

For my latest organizational strategy, I decided to try to to combine my love of vintage with my desperate need to organize. I was inspired by Martha's idea for Storing Seeds. I really liked the look of the glass with the items stored inside, so I decided to adapt this in a different way.

I went to my favorite local thrift store, an outcrop of the chain of Housing Works Thrift stores throughout New York. The upside is that proceeds from Housing Works go to support those suffering from HIV, which is always a worthwhile cause. It was there that I found an awesome vintage glass with measuring marks that I thought would be perfect for my new organized life.

I re-purposed the bottle/glass into a great storage container for my leftover coins, which were previously spread throughout my room, wallet and various pockets. Organization = success, if I do say so myself. Hopefully this will be a trend that lasts more than a few weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment