Friday, March 11, 2011

Ew, Kale (Chips)!

Cooking for one is challenging. Even though I bring all the leftovers throughout the week for lunch, I am usually left with excessive, perishable ingredients that go bad faster than I can eat them. Stores just don't sell things that are small enough for me to use them in time.

Thankfully, today I found a recipe that I could use to take one ingredient I had in excess, kale. On the Whole Living section of Martha's website, I found Chrispy Kale Chips.

This turned out to be an incredible way to use old veggies, and one that I will definitely be doing will all my extra lettuce and the like. All I did was peel the leaves off the kale, removing the spine. I put the leaves on a baking pan, mixing in a bit of olive oil and some salt.

I baked on low heat (250 degrees) for 20 minutes and it worked out fabulously. Kale chips in no time! A super healthy, delicious, crunchy snack made out of wilting kale that would have gone bad in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment