Thursday, April 28, 2011

Daffodil

The art of the thank you note is slowly fading into oblivion. It's just so much easier, cheaper and faster to shoot over a nice e-mail thank you than to write and mail the old fashioned way. Plus, it's almost considered polite. I don't even have most of my friends' addresses at all.

But I'm trying to bring it back.

Post-Passover seders I have at least two thank yous to write. So, slightly belatedly, I decided to put something together that was a little more personal than an e-mail.

Martha is essentially the card goddess, so naturally I turned to her. I thought that her Year of Cut-Out Cards was a great idea, and, even though it is no longer March, I decided on the daffodil design because it was the cutest... and simplest. And daffodils are the best, no matter what month it is.

I printed out her template at 1.5x the normal size because I wanted to make the flower slightly bigger. I cut out each piece separately. In order to use these pieces as templates, I taped them onto card stock. I quadrupled the card stock and cut out along the taped template borders. For the top of the daffodil, I decided to use some of the colorful fabric I had lying around.

Although these are obviously not at cute as Martha's, I think they make great homemade cards that will be perfect for thank you notes. Now I just need to round up the correct addresses.

For instructions: http://www.marthastewart.com/how-to/how-to-make-paper-cutout-cards?backto=true&backtourl=/photogallery/easter-and-spring-greetings#

No comments:

Post a Comment