Monday, April 11, 2011

Testing, testing, 1, 2, 3...

I have a test tomorrow. On many biology things with names like "membrane attack complex" and "adrenocorticotropic stimulating hormone." And this is just the beginning. If/when I finally get to medical school, memorization and the stress of keeping a ridiculous number of minutiae in my tiny brain will undoubtedly take over my life.

All in all, I'm really going to have to learn how to deal with stress. Although I'm not totally freaking out right now, it's always good to practice some techniques for those bigger, more stressful moments that are soon to come.

Martha, correctly I think, suggests stretching as a way to ease the stress away. I was willing to give it a try. She has a list of some great stress-reducing exercises on her Whole Living site: from the Chest Opener to the basic Standing Body Hang. The best part is that all of these are ridiculously easy - perfect for a quick study break near bedtime.

Now, it's back to studying. The immune system is not going to memorize itself...

No comments:

Post a Comment