Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Put a ring on it

I am one of those people who is constantly losing things. Perhaps "losing" is the wrong word, because I usually find whatever I was missing days/weeks/months later in the corner of my purse or in my clothes hamper or my underwear drawer.

In an attempt to remedy my inherent absent-mindedness, I have attempted to employ some strategies to keep my rate of loss at a manageable level.

Today, my mom opened my eyes to an awesome Martha idea: the Key Ring Cardholder. I had always seen my mom pull a key ring out of her purse with all her cards on it, hole-punched. It was only today that I learned this was a Martha tip... I should have known.

Instead of a giant, over-sized wallet or keeping the cards loose, this is an awesome solution. I merely had to punch holes in my cards - library, gift cards, gym cards etc - and place the cards on one of those metal rings that open and close really easily (the ones that you can put note cards on, for example).

I hope that this will keep my disorganization in check and prevent my constant scrummaging around.

No comments:

Post a Comment